Today I am announcing the second Zelda Game Club, this time for Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past. The Zelda Game Club is where we play through Zelda games together in a big Triforce Times community playthrough, then share our comments and thoughts on the game.
The first Zelda Game Club was back in August, and we played through Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. If you want an idea of what The Zelda Game Club is all about, go and check out those videos. Much like a book club, we play through the game separately, then come back together, you send in your comments, experiences, things you enjoyed, and things you wanted to improve, and we can discuss all that with each other via YouTube comments. I’m going to be starting from early Zelda Games and working my way right through to the modern day, with all the major Legend of Zelda releases.
The Triforce Times Community has grown a lot since we played through the first Zelda Game Club Game for Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link. That was a great experience, playing through a Zelda game I hadn’t played since I was a kid, and playing it through with the Triforce Times community. It might be your first time playing through this classic game and you get to share your experiences with the community, or it may be your 10th time playing through, and you know every secret and strategy to speed run through the game.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past holds a special place in my memory. I played it with a good friend of mine who imported a SNES from America back in the day. It was such a massive upgrade from the original Zelda and Zelda II, and we spent the summer together playing through that game and it cemented my love for the Legend of Zelda series.
As a Zelda fan, I often get excited about the new releases, for example, we’re currently building up to Tears of the Kingdom scheduled for 12th May 2023. However, I’d like to go back to where it all started for me, by playing through the early Zelda games, to appreciate the game design elements that go into The Legend of Zelda, and experience the game all over again. I’d like this to be a community feature for Triforce Times, so I am going to need your help.
Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Get yourself a copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past – The easiest way is probably via Nintendo Switch Online (check out the SNES Games there), or you may have an original SNES. Either way, get yourself a copy of the game to play.
- Over the next three weeks, we play through the game together. I’d like to check in a couple of times during the playthrough, because the game is about 15 hours long, so we don’t have to play too much this week. As we play through other Zelda games there may be more parts to the series, however, with this Zelda Game Club I am thinking of three parts.
- Play through the game until you have collected the three Pendants. That’s the Pendant of Courage, the Pendant of Power and the Pendant of Wisdom. When you get to that point stop playing, add your comments to this video and wait for the next steps.
- Add your comments to this video, what do you like about The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, what don’t you like? Which characters did you meet, and what items did you pick up? It’d be great to go into as much detail as possible, then we can have a full discussion on the next episode. Get your comments in by Monday 10th October 2022, as that’s when I will be putting together The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Part 1 video, and I’d love to include as many comments as possible from you the Triforce Times community.
- I’ll post The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Part 1 in a week from now on Tuesday 11th October 2022. In that video, I’ll give you instructions for part 2.
- As well as running through our experience of the games, I’m going to go back through the development history of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, plus pick out some interesting facts you may not have heard of.
I’m really looking forward to diving back into The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, plus I hope you can join in and play through it as well. The Legend of Zelda series is absolute magic for me, and I am really excited to dive back into a series that helped me form my love for video games. The more people who play and contribute to the Zelda Game Club, the better it will be.
Let me know in the comments if you have any questions. Get yourself a copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, start playing through, stop when you collect the three Pendants and comment down below here on this video with your experiences, stories, wishes and gripes, all related to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
It would be a massive help too if you could share this video with your friends, family, colleagues, kids… anyone you think would like to play through The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I want this to be a great interactive community feature. I’m definitely not going to get this right the first time, and we’re going to iterate over time (we have a lot of Zelda games to get through) – but I am super excited to play through The Legend of Zelda with you the Triforce Times community.
That’s all for now, send over any questions you may have in the comments, but grab yourself a copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and start playing Zelda Game Club today.