Phantom Ganon is a recurring enemy in Tears of the Kingdom, and at first this can be a tough enemy, especially if you face him early. Today I’m going to show you how to beat Sword Phantom Ganon easily and quickly, so you can progress in The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.
There are three different types of Phantom Ganon each with their own weapon: sword, spear, and club. Sword is probably the first you’ll encounter, especially if you make it to Korok Forest and save the Deku Tree from the Gloom.
How to prepare for Sword Phantom Ganon
Before you go into face Sword Phantom Ganon, you will want to prepare.
- Cook up a bunch of heart replenishing meals
- Use Sundelion plants to help with Gloom Resistance.
- Fuse powerful weapons and shields
- Practice using your shield, dodging and parrying before hand if you are new to combat in the game.
Sword Phantom Ganon locations
- Lindor’s Brow Cave — Hyrule Ridge Region
- Great Deku Tree Chasm — Great Hyrule Forest
If you find him anywhere else, let me know in the comments.
How to beat Sword Phantom Ganon
Beating Phantom Ganon is all about dodging, parrying and flurry rushing Phantom Ganon.
Sword Phantom Ganon has 3 attack patterns:
- He raises his sword to his right and swings it at Link
- He charges towards Link and swings his sword
- He brings his sword across his body and then unleashes a spin attack — dealing damage twice
Learn his attack patterns, and tells for each attack.
He’ll rush towards you, raise his sword for a second and then strike, and you want to dodge out the way using the jump button and get that perfect timing to get a flurry rush attack. This is going to cause the most damage. You can also parry, although I found the flurry rush was better for damage. Do this a few times, avoid the gloom and defeat Phantom Ganon.
That’s it for this quick guide for how to beat Sword Phantom Ganon in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. For more Tears of the Kingdom content like this check out Triforce Times on YouTube and subscribe today.